Ever since Rachel's parents gave us their old gas barbecue we've have pork chops a couple of times and burgers about three times a week - it's awesome.
Also: I've talked to the director of technology for the business school a couple of times about a job over the last a year or so (whenever I've thought that I might not have a job in the near future). During my second chat (a month ago), he mentioned that one of their developers wasn't performing very well and causing a lot of grief, but that because it's a university employee, it's a long process to fire someone and he didn't think they were ready to head down that road. During this last week he contacted me and said that they were going to start the process of firing him, and that he'd keep me posted about when they start the official hiring process for a replacement.
There are a few pluses, like job security, almost free classes ($15 a credit), insurance for the family, etc. But the pay is a little on the low side - we'll see what I think about that after I've applied to a few places ;). The other major minus is the work environment; they only have a couple of developers, and that's basically the same environment I've been in. I think I'm ready and want the experience of working in a large development team. We'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment