Today I needed to delete hundreds of Picasa web albums. I tried using the web interface, but it makes you click into each album, then click delete, which takes about 30 seconds in total. Next I tried the Picasa desktop app, but it also makes you click on each album and then click on delete.
After a couple of Google attempts, I found a command line tool for Google data api's (including Picasa's api)! it's great! I was able to delete all my albums with a few commands of the form "picasa delete --title 2" (this deleted all my albums that started with a "2" namely all the albums that started with the date, like 20xx-xx-xx). A few other commands and I was down to only the couple I needed to keep (like the one that holds the pictures for this blog - yes, there are some pictures on this thing... somewhere).
Anyway, thanks Google!
(after looking at the pictures for this blog, I decided I need to blog more often)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hear ya! I'm a bad blogger...
ReplyDelete