I had a great interview with a local company, but they told me that they couldn't make any commitments as far out as January. I really like the people there. The University called be back for a second interview too!
I also had my interview with Amazon:
First interview was ok, but there was a problem involving some geometry that I didn't know.
The second interview was lunch, with someone who may be my future manager. It was great talking to him, but our lunch was really slow so we had to have them box it up (and all of my interviews were thereafter running 15 minutes late.
Third interview was the "bar raiser." The bar raiser is someone from another team that has special interview training and is supposed to insure that the hire is high quality. This was probably my best interview.
The next interview was a little rocky. On the ride home I was thinking about how foolish I was for not giving a really simple solution.
The fifth interview was pretty good, but we were cut off about fifteen minutes short (because all my interviews were running late and we were supposed to meet my recruiter in a different room. He ended up giving me some homework and told me to turn it in by the next morning.
The homework was pretty fun and since I only had my netbook, I did it in Javascript.
Before my recruiter meet with me, the manager of the managers of the teams I was interviewing with stopped by to chat for a few minutes. He wasn't scheduled to, but he said that he happened to be around, so he wanted to tell me more about the company. It was nice talking to him, and just like everyone else, he was really nice.
Then I met with my recruiter, who told me that they usually meet with the people before the interviews to tell people what to expect... She made sure she had the facts straight about when I was graduating and what degree I was earning. She also told me to expect to hear from them in one week.
Then I spent my time in airports working on my homework.
We got a call yesterday (two days after my interviews) saying that they were going to make an offer. I almost didn't believe her; I was just expecting a "it was close, but not at this time." I'm so glad I interviewed with Google as the format was the same and this time I knew what to prepare for (I basically studied the wrong material for the Google interviews).
We'll be moving in December (after I graduate) to Seattle. I'll be working on a product called Webstore (http://webstore.amazon.com/) with some pretty awesome people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Already posted it to my favorites. Oh I know I have no idea why!
ReplyDeleteYay! Love you, so excited for your family :)
ReplyDelete