Tuesday, January 12, 2010

About a week ago a few nerds from school sent out an email saying something about a starcraft (the computer game) tournament. Then I read the email a little closer and it said that they were going to get together to watch a match (online) in a starcraft tournament. When I got home I told Rachel that these guys have way too much time on their hands, and that if I had some time to burn, I'd much rather play than watch.

As I was working last Saturday I heard some noise down the hall, upon investigating, I discovered a few students watching a commontarried game of starcraft on the large projection screen. So I watched a bit and thought that they were big dorks. After writing a few lines of code, I found myself saying, "I really need... some water! yes I do, boy am I thirsty" and out the door I went to go and get some water (from the same room that had the starcraft game going). So I watched a bit more and the game ended. What dorks I thought, as I went back to work.

When I got home I some how talked Rachel into watching a commontarried game of starcraft as we ate dinner (we almost always have a laptop hooked up to the tv)....

Now I find myself sympathizing with sports fans. I've never been a big follower myself, but I can see why someone would want to spend all their time watching. I think I've watched at least an hour a day since Saturday and it's really starting to cut into my sleep time...

No comments:

Post a Comment