Saturday, September 26, 2009

Today I sat through some more grad school orientation. It wasn't too bad as I got to know a few of the other students, and they fed us lunch at an Indian restaurant. While at lunch, I was sitting at a table for four, all of the seats were taken, so the department head pulled up a chair to sit with us. Because it was a buffet, he left to go and get his food, but another professor, one of my favorites, was looking for a place to sit. I told her (Zena) to come and take the seat as Andrzej was going to sit with us if she didn't. She did, and when Andrzej came back he said something about her not getting her next pay raise, and she said something about getting the money out of me since I talked her into taking his seat.

While eating I announced that we had a little girl over the summer break, Zena asked how I could be so relaxed with all of the stuff going on in my life and I told her that I didn't take any of Steve's deadlines very seriously (he's my boss and was sitting near by). She then asked if we had any help; I told her that Rachel is no ordinary woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment